Friday, August 04, 2006

The summer of "T"

So, I can see myself enjoying this whole “blogging” experience. I don'’t know that it is something that I'’ll be able to maintain long term, but I did manage to keep a daily written journal for a whopping 10 years or so from the ages of 13 to around 24 or 25. I shredded most of it when we sold the house in May, but I did enjoy going back and reading a lot of it before destroying the evidence! For me it ha’s always been so much easier to put it down in writing than to say it out loud anyhow, so if I can utilize my blog to help keep my thoughts sorted out then I'’ll be happy with that. :-)

It'’s now August, I only have one thing to say : Where on earth has my summer gone to? My initial plan was for this to be "“The summer of T"”, which I have partly managed, but it just does not feel like I have accomplished very much. I'’m getting out on my bike regularly and running twice a week as planned, I just got back to the pool last week as well, so I guess I'’m 3 for 3 on that count!

* I've seen my GP and am managing my depression, but I still have not set up any counselling yet…

*I had asked Tim that we try to set aside a regular "“date night"” so that we don'’t drift too far apart these past few months, and those dates have not really materialized more than a couple of times. :-( I understand that he is busy trying to build his business, but I still take it personally, when I know fully that it is not personal.

*According to my plans, I should have almost $2000 in my savings account by now, but have only managed about $1000… But I have made sure that I set my apartment up just as I want, and I am enjoying my summer with a couple of impromptu road trips including a few really fun days in Kingston with the Maniacs. Those little things add up to the deficit.

I wiil need to focus on for the next month I guess.

But, now that I see it in black & white, I am batting 500 here, so I should stop beating myself up about it… Besides, those are a lot of things to have completed and/or started in 3 months....

I am filling my long weekend up as much as I can with lots of little adventures which will keep me both entertained and occupied - so I'd best get too it!


1 comment:

Kelodie said...

Nice blog, Tracy!