Sunday, August 13, 2006

So this is what life will be like???

Well, I’ve almost ended a short (but really long) week that I managed to fill up very quickly! I managed to get some good quality workouts in: 2 hours at the pool and a long run to a hill workout. Here I was thinking that I was doing so well in the pool, but I found out that once again – my hips & legs are dropping, so I had to spend some time focusing on balance again Thursday night – all that thinking while I’m in the pool - I forget to breathe properly…

Tim and I went for “date night” this week – first time in a while it seems. We hit the Rib-Festival on Monday evening for BBQ, a walk through the park & a good chat on a park bench! One moment, he’s saying that he enjoys not having anyone worry about him (little does he know) and coming & going as he pleases from his sister’s house – being single. Then 20 minutes later he’s introducing me to a customer as his wife :?…. Well, I am his wife, but it’s just well – weird (that’s the only word that I can find to describe the situation) I had totally forgotten to remind him that I had gotten Dixie Chicks tickets for tonight (I got them in June), so I e-mailed him Tuesday to remind him. Thursday night I get an e-mail telling me that he’s in a golf tournament on Monday & doesn’t think that he’ll be able to do both (he is still having major sleep issues) so he’s going to pass on the concert & hopes I can find someone to take the extra ticket… UGH – MEN… So, I’m away all weekend at the cottage – how on earth am I going to find someone. Luckily my friend Trix (name changed to protect the innocent - lol) came to the rescue.

I had a great time with the girls at the cottage for our annual “Girls weekend”. So much has happened to all of us this past year it’s hard to fathom when you put it all down. Of the 7 of us attending this year (we’re down 3 from our normal crew due to other things that have come up) there are 2 separations/divorces, a difficult business/marriage situation, adoption of a child, completion of treatment for breast cancer… the list goes on. I guess though, that we’re all at the stage in our life (40’s ACK, when DID that happen?) where we are deciding that enough is enough & finally doing what’s right for us.

I also got a potential taste of what single life may be like (should Tim & I decide to go our separate ways) while we were at the cottage – I don’t really like that taste… blech. (well I never really did like the whole looking/dating thing to begin with) I am not in any way interested in
a: someone my father’s age,
b: someone who could pass for my own child!

Life will be rough out there I think.

1 comment:

Kelodie said...

Life is full of opportunities and it's as fun as you make it to be. I'm sure you'll find balance in your life, girl! Just be patient...