Sunday, August 06, 2006

My weekend has been busy so far!

OK, so I noticed this on my home page Horoscope on Saturday evening at about 7:48 PM:

Rushing through this day is not going to be the right strategy -- instead, you need to take things one step at a time and not worry about anyone who may (or may not) be hot on your tail. Getting too caught up in a competitive vibe will only add stress to any otherwise pleasant day. Be content with where you are -- the progress you're making is respectable. Perhaps you're not exactly where you want to be right now, but who is? Count your blessings and choose to be content.

All I can say is WOW… The last part is pretty much my post here on Friday, and the first part described my morning exactly!

Saturday started out with a group ride for the cycling team. My 35K “buddy” must have slept in & didn’t show (Janet, where are you?) So, there were only 2 of us planning to ride 35K. We decided to go with the s-l-o-w 50K crew.

Well…. A couple of the guys were going to be racing at Bellwood on Sunday, so they proclaimed they wanted an EASY 50K (they normally ride with the speed demon 50K group)… They took off in the lead with the rest of us (well I know that I was anyhow!) peddling like crazy to keep up. My speedometer isn’t working right now (mental note to check the connections), but I know we were keeping our average speed around 30 KPH… WAY TOO FAST for me on a ride that long. After about 30 minutes of that, the other 30K rider & I turned back to return. We had a really great ride back, with lots of hill climbing – Yep; I like it as much as I like running hills! (Honest, I really do like them!) It just wasn’t worth expending all my energy on Saturday morning when I still had a long run Sunday and the rest of a long weekend to go!

Saturday night I got an impromptu visit from Leslie, Alex, Lorna & Jess! It was nice to have people call & pop over… We headed to the park for Rib-Fest & wandered about for a bit. Tim also called earlier in the afternoon to make plans for Monday (YAY!)… We’re going to get Ribs for dinner… if I have to use food to entice him for “date time” then so be it (for now…) Things are progressing with his old business issues which is good to know, having that weight finally lifted off of his shoulders will be an incredible relief for everyone.

My long run was very up & down (literally & physically) this morning. None of my “back of the pack” crew showed today, so I went out with a faster group. Nice to run with them at my normal pace for a few kilometers. Then I noticed a smaller group at the back, so I turned back to finish up with them. A bit of hamstring issues for one of the girls, so a bit more walking in the end, but I just want to make sure that everyone gets back safely. Nice coffee & catch-up with Amy & Glenda at Starbucks afterwards, then home for a well deserved shower… I feel human again!

Today will be chilaxin’ for the rest of the day. I’m going to watch “Stoned” – the story of Brian Jones (thanks for the note Heather!)burn a couple of CD’s for Girls Weekend at the cottage next week, then catch up on the Runners World & Triathlon Canada mags that are sitting here collecting dust!

1 comment:

Heather Moore said...

Uh isn't it the story of Brian Jones? ;)