Monday, March 12, 2007

And I thought our City Council sucked wind...

GTAers, is this guy your City Councilor? Lucky you:

City councilors on the budget:

"I can't support bike lanes. Roads are built for buses, cars, and trucks. My heart bleeds when someone gets killed, but it's their own fault at the end of the day."

–Rob Ford

Fuming does not even begin to explain what reading this does to me... Considering the volume of people in London who were involved in cycle/auto collisions in 2006, I can't even imagine what the statistics in Toronto were during the same period... and this guy has the gall and the balls to say this...

But, after seeing a few of his other "gems"

http://www.eye.net/eye/issue/issue_07.27.06/features/feature.php

It honestly makes me look at our own city council in a slightly brighter light... At least we began to put some cycling lanes in this past fall. Well, 200 meters here, abrupt stop of the lane, to be continued a couple of blocks later, then another 200 meters... you get the idea...

But it's a start at least ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said.