Saturday, February 10, 2007

I am sorry my poor little blog...

Sorry for neglecting you for so long...

I am a bad, bad blogger... lol

I've decided that I need to get things in my "house" back in order...that includes my eating, which has gotten completely out of control, my lack of motivation for running (too many events looming ever so close on the calendar) reading more: http://www.bookcloseouts.com/?N=0&rid=cvs this is a great site, with FANTASTIC prices & very reasonable shipping charges... and getting back to journalling, which in turn means getting some of that stuff on my blog, not all of course.. a girl has to have a secret or two, or three ;)

I realized today that I haven't run since January 28.. It doesn't seem like it's been that long, but sadly it has, our extra cold weather has been a pretty lame excuse seeing as I have a treadmill available in my building.

So today I made a deal, a couple of friends were running 18K in the Toronto area, so I went out around the same time as they did... sort of virtual running buddies you may say. That helped give me the boost I needed to get my @ss in gear. I decided to do my run on the treadmill, as I'm also breaking in a second pair of shoes. This enabled me to switch out shoes if I needed to...

While I went to the gym with a towel, loaded up MP3 player, water bottle & a couple of gels. What I neglected to remember was body glide... My planned 11.2 mile/18K, was cut short about 90 minutes into the planned 2:15. Getting in the shower was, well - not very fun :(

Lesson learned, and I'm going to try this again on Monday or Tuesday after work.

Swimming is going very well. That, I have been keeping up with, and I've had a couple of real break-through pool sessions so far this year.

And the hunt for a sports-specific Registered Dietitian starts on Monday... this is the final key to the puzzle I hope...

So, my poor little blog, I vow not to ignore you or neglect you unnecessarily...

HONEST... :)

1 comment:

Heather Moore said...

I haven't ran since Jan 2!!! Gawd! Must smarten up.