Sunday, October 08, 2006

I give thanks....

Daily extended (by Astrology.com)
From time to time, looking deep inside your own heart is the very best way to see the truth about world around you. If you feel you are moving into an introspective, inward-focused time, then just go with it. The universe is reminding you that you are the most important thing in your life. After all, if you can't take care of yourself, how can you take care of the people you love? It's not selfish. It's smart. The answers lie within you.

~~~~~~~~~
Funny that I read this today, as this is what I've been doing all weekend... While I've never been one to read my horoscope other than for pure entertainment & and an occasional laugh, this one that shows up on my Yahoo home page every day seems to be one that I do pay attention to every once in a while.

Holidays this week... Booked way in advance & I never got around to changing them. This is T's birthday "week" yes, you heard me right WEEK... I would take the week off and every day was a gift (usually small & goofy) his favorite things for dinner at night... The list goes on.

A couple of weeks ago, I decided that instead of dreading this week, I would take it as MY OWN. I have numerous books that I intend to read. Some fluff, mostly things that I can't wait to get into. Rented a couple of movies... Things like that. I'm also going to set up the curriculum for my Women's Learn to Run class that starts in a week.

Yesterday I needed to clear the cobwebs so what started out as a 20-25K easy ride north of the city ended up being 49-50K with a bunch of sprints & hill climbing thrown in for good measure. I didn't realize how much I needed that. It was a gorgeous fall day so getting out in the countryside, checking out the farms (realizing how much I miss horseback riding... ) ignoring the rude drivers... Felt good to have the fresh air in my lungs, the sun on my face & the wind at my back... Today my planned 20K dropped to an easy 9K after yesterdays extended kms. Again, I decided to make it MY run & loved every minute of it.

Life is good...

Tracy - out.

No comments: